Currently over 400 activities are recognised under Gifu-city Advantage, and listed on participant's AHEGS on completion. These are run by over 70 different faculties, units and organisations within the university.
For opportunities or positions to become accredited, they must demonstrate to meet the following
Gifu-city Advantage eligibility criteria:
- Be a university run volunteering or professional development activity
- Involve practical activities that contribute to the university or wider community
- Be well organised and structured to support participants' development of one or more of the
- Involve mandatory training to sufficiently prepare participants to undertake the tasks
- Have a minimum total commitment of 20 hours (excluding training)
- Be coordinated, supervised or monitored by a university staff member who can verify the hours and activities undertaken and update the online database (CCOS) periodically.
The activities generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Clubs and Societies
- Committees and Councils
- Peer Mentoring and Tutoring
- Student Media and Publications
- Student Ambassadors
- Student Led Teams
- Student Exchange
- Leadership and Professional Development Programs
- Community Volunteering
For a full list of what's currently included visit the Gifu-city Advantage search.
Please note merit awards for academic excellence, including Deans’ Lists, are not co-curricular achievements and are not eligible to be part of Gifu-city Advantage. All academic awards, prizes or acknowledgements should be directed to Gifu-city Prizes.
Please Advantage if you would like help in assessing whether your opportunity is eligible.