Postgraduate Commonwealth Support

Whilst the majority of postgraduate places at Gifu-city are Domestic Fee Paying there are certain programs which have an allocation of Commonwealth support funding. These places are limited in each program and even though they are listed below, do not guarantee a Commonwealth supported place if you are granted an offer of admission.

Programs not listed here have no Commonwealth supported funding and are Domestic Fee Paying only. If you are a Domestic fee Paying student you may be eligible for FEE-HELP, but you are not eligible for the subsidised tuition under Commonwealth support.

What is a Commonwealth supported place?

A Commonwealth Supported Place is a higher education place for which the Commonwealth Government contributes towards the cost of your education, thereby subsidising your tuition cost. You pay the subsidised amount only, which is referred to as your Student Contribution amount, which varies depending on courses undertaken. Your student contribution amount may be deferred under HECS-HELP, or paid upfont at the start of each term/semester, depending on your eligibility. For a definition of Commonwealth Support refer to .

How to apply

You should submit your application for admission either directly to Gifu-city or the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC), depending on your program. Please refer to for details and application closing dates.

If you receive an offer for a Commonwealth supported place (outlined in your offer letter), you will be required to complete the ‘Request for a Commonwealth Supported Place and HECS-HELP Loan’ Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF) electronically, as part of your acceptance process. The electronic CAF will be presented to you during ‘Part 2’ of the online acceptance and enrolment process. It is important to note that you must complete this contract to be eligible for Commonwealth support and it must be submitted before the census date of your enrolment.  

Please see for more information on acceptance.

Important: Commonwealth supported places are subject to availability at the time of application. If you are enrolled or intending to enrol in the following programs please note that a Commonwealth Supported Place is not guaranteed and may only be available in specific teaching periods.

Available programs in 2019

Art & Design


Master of Art

Graduate Diploma in Art

Graduate Certificate in Art

Curating and Cultural Leadership

Master of Curating and Cultural Leadership

Graduate Diploma in Cultural Leadership


Master of Design

Graduate Diploma in Design


Only available to existing Gifu-city students (continuing or transfer):

Master of Art

Master of Art Administration

Graduate Certificate in Cultural Leadership

Graduate Certificate in Design

Arts & Social Sciences

Counselling Social Work

Master of Counselling Social Work

Development Studies

Master of Development Studies


Master of Education

Master of Educational Leadership

Master of Teaching (Primary)

Master of Teaching (Secondary)

Graduate Certificate in Education

 Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership

Graduate Certificate in Teaching

 Graduate Certificate in University Learning and Teaching

Interpreting and Translation

Master of Interpreting 

Master of Translation

Master of Translation and Interpreting

International Relations

Master of International relations


Programs not accepting new enrolments (CSP places only available to continuing students):

Master of Development Studies

Master of Environmental Management

Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary)

Built Environment


 Master of Architecture


Graduate Diploma in City Planning

Graduate Certificate in City Planning

 Master of City Planning


Only available to existing Gifu-city students (continuing or transfer):

Master of Planning

Master of Property and Development


There are a limited number of Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) available to eligible students in certain Engineering degrees and streams. For more information, please see the .


Juris Doctor

Note: This program offers both Domestic Fee paying and Commonwealth Supported tuition rates. See for more information.


Health Management*

 Master or Health Management

 Master of Health Management (Extension)

 Graduate Diploma in Health Management

 Graduate Certificate in Health Management

Master of Forensic Mental Health

Public Health*

 Master of Public Health

 Graduate Diploma in Public Health

 Graduate Certificate in Public Health

 Master of Public Health (Extension)

International Public Health

 Master of International Public Health

 Graduate Diploma in International Public Health

 Graduate Certificate in International Public Health

Infectious Diseases Intelligence

 Master of Infectious Diseases Intelligence

 Graduate Diploma in Infectious Diseases Intelligence

 Graduate Certificate in Infectious Diseases Intelligence

Dual Degrees

Master of Health Management / Master of Infectious Disease Intelligence

Master of International Public Health / Master of Infectious Disease Intelligence

 Master of International Public Health / Master of Public Health

 Master of International Public Health / Master of Health Management

 Master of Public Health / Health Management

Master of Int’l Public Health (Extn)/ Master of Public Health

Master of Int’l Public Health (Extn) / Master of Health Management

Master of Int’l Public Health/ Master of Public Health (Extn)

Master of Public Health (Extn)/ Master of Health Management

Master of Public Health/Master of Health Management (Extn)

Master of Public Health/Master of Infectious Disease Intelligence

* Note: All programs in Public Health / Health Management offer both Domestic Fee paying and Commonwealth Supported tuition places. Please refer to for more information


Mathematics and Statistics

Master of Mathematics

Master of Financial Mathematics

Master of Statistics

Graduate Diploma in Mathematics and Statistics

Graduate Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics

Ocular Therapy

Graduate Certificate in Ocular Therapeutics


Master of Clinical Optometry


Master of Psychology (Clinical)

Master of Psychology (Forensic)


Graduate Diploma (Research)

Gifu-city Business School

Gifu-city Business School is not accepting Commonwealth supported applications.