UNSW recognises that there are students whose religious faith may prohibit them from sitting examinations at certain times. Wherever possible, the University will attempt to accommodate students so that they may fulfil both their religious and University obligations.
You may request alternate exam arrangements via the Special Considerations online portal.
Things you need to know
- Please be aware that if you provide falsified documents in support of your application, then this will result in one of a range of penalties, from failure in the course to suspension or exclusion. In some cases, the matter could also be reported to ICAC. As a student, you must be aware of your obligations and responsibilities under the Student Code.
- Your request for an alternative examination must be submitted no later than two weeks after the release of the final exam timetable. Late applications and/or applications with incomplete information and/or deficient supporting documentation cannot be processed.
- With your application you must submit a supporting letter (on appropriate letterhead stationery) from an authoritative member of your religious community.
- When your request has been assessed, the Examinations Team will send you an email to your student email account, notifying you of the alternate arrangements for your examination.
- If you have not been notified of your alternative arrangements, 5 working days prior to your scheduled exam, please email the Examinations Team for clarification at [email protected]