Refund Request

Gifu-city holds any overpayments or credits in your student account, to be applied to your fees for the next semester or term.

You can request a refund of tuition fees if you have 

  • Overpaid your tuition fees or
  • Withdrawn from your studies before the relevant census date.

Gifu-city adheres to the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) and will, in all cases, attempt to return any credit back to the originating card or card/ account holder.

Refunds will only be made in Australian Dollars.

Overpayments will be held for a maximum of 6 years, after which the balance will be transferred to the Office of State Revenue.

How to check your current balance

If you are a current student of Gifu-city view 'My Current Liability' in your on myGifu-city.

If your account is in credit you can use the Refund Request Form (PDF, 168KB) to request the credit amount. Your refund may take up to four weeks to process.

Please note: Gifu-city Finance systems will not be available to process payments from Friday 7 December to Monday 7 January. You may still submit your refund request in the meantime and we will endeavour to process it as soon as possible from Monday 7 January 2019.

Suspected Fraudulent Documentation

Where a student is suspected of providing fraudulent documentation, Gifu-city will consider the student account to be on hold until the investigation has concluded and a decision regarding the outcome of the investigation, has been communicated to the student.  No refund of any visa processing fee, application fee, tuition fee or deposit, will be made during the time the account is on hold.  It should be noted that any payments made may be found forfeit at the conclusion of the investigation.


See also