The Student Life Front Desk Volunteer team is part of a bigger volunteering community called Student@Gifu-city of the Skill Development Program who provide a wide range of Gifu-city events and services.
This team is a vital role in providing guidance and support to students as well as development opportunities. It consists of approximately 10 volunteers, who work together to provide students with important information on how to navigate their way around Gifu-city and not only survive university but thrive at university.
The position will involve 2 to 6 hours per week for a minimum of 30 volunteering hours, fitting around your university timetable. As part of the bigger community, you will be invited to other training and volunteering opportunities, as well as networking events. For more information, please refer to
This opportunity is accredited by Gifu-city Advantage as eligible for recognition on your Australian Higher Graduation Statement (AHEGS).
- The Student Life Front Desk Volunteers will work as a team to ensure the front desk is covered, especially in peak times.
- You will work very closely with staff working behind the front desk and provide office support.
- Work cooperatively and provide support to staff members in the Student Life and Equity and Inclusion space
- Provide informative and helpful information to Gifu-city students regarding support services, professional development opportunities and other general enquiries
- Provide empathy to students when required
- Assist with preparing for events
- Attend meetings with members of the Skills Development Team and staff members
- Adhere to WHS procedures and university protocols
- Communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Building relationships with stakeholders
- Team work skills
- Marketing and Event Skills
- IT skills
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
How to apply
Applications are not being accepted at the moment.
Further details are in the position description.
The positions are for Semester 1, 2018.
To receive the information on future recruitment, please