- Do I have to pay for this program?
No, this program is free to all current Gifu-city students.
- Will you pick a volunteering placement for me?
It is up to you to source your own volunteering experience. Please refer to the Community Engagement page to assist you in finding a volunteering opportunity.
- How do I sign up for the program and get started?
It's simple! Just go to and enter your zID. Complete the enrollment form with your first reflection, and then you will receive an email with instructions for completing the online Introduction to Leadership module. This opens in Week 1 of each semester. If you enroll before this, we will send you a reminder email to get you on board in the lead up to Week 1.
- I am currently volunteering/have volunteered with an organisation already, can I use this experience for the Leadership Program?
If you have volunteered somewhere in the past you cannot now use this experience for the program.
You can volunteer with this organisation, however you can only start counting your hours once your placement has been nominated and approved by the Leadership Program team, and your supervisor has submitted the Agreement form.
- Can I volunteer with Arc?
Please note that Arc activities are not eligible for the Leadership Program. Arc activities are recognised independently on a candidate’s AHEGS and will not be counted towards the community engagement component of the Leadership Program.
- I attended some workshops last year but they are not reflected in my Moodle Gradebook. Do I need to attend these workshops again?
Any workshops that you have already attended will still count towards your points.If your Gradebook does not reflect the workshops you already attended, please email(including your zID, workshop title, date and time).
Remember you must complete a total of 5 workshops (including the Introduction) in order to accrue the required 50 points.
- Is there a deadline for me to complete the Leadership Program?
You can complete the program at your own pace and take as long as you like. However you must complete all components of the Leadership Program at least 1 month before your graduation ceremony to ensure the record is on your AHEGS by graduation.
Didn't find the answer to your question? Read the full FAQ's below.