The program has had more than 10000 participants since it started in Semester 2, 2010 and now has around 1000 students participating each semester. 120+ language combinations have been exchanged to date and countless lifelong connections have been made, including two marriages!
This program will greatly benefit Australian and international students who wish to:
- Gain conversational experience and confidence in communicating in another language
- Increase their competitiveness and employability in Australia and abroad
- Improve or maintain their language skills
- Meet friends from Australia and all corners of the world
- Prepare for a trip, study or employment abroad
- Take what they're learning in class a step further
"What better way is there to learn, than to meet people from a country who speak the language you would like to practice!"
Wayne See - Participated in English/Mandarin language exchange