Alternative examinations may need to be provided if you are unable to attend the scheduled examination. An alternative examination may be the same examination but scheduled at a different time or, if this is not feasible, a different examination that is comparable in content and difficulty.
An examination may be rescheduled with the approval of the Examinations Team and the responsible academic member when:
- An alternative examination is recommended by the Disability Unit for a student with disabilities;
- You have two centrally organised examinations scheduled at the same time;
- Your religious faith prohibits you from sitting an examination at the scheduled time;
- You are a student in the Elite Athletes and Performers Support Program and have sporting or performance commitments which conflict with a scheduled examination; or
- Short term events, beyond your control, affect your preparation for the examination.
If you have a timetable clash, the Examinations Team will re-arrange your examination and will notify you approximately 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the exam period, notifying you of the arrangements for your clashing exams.
When the same examination is rescheduled for the morning or afternoon of the same day, you will remain under supervision for the whole day and will need to bring your lunch and any study materials with you. During this period, you will not be permitted to use any electronic devices capable of transmission, including computers, mobile phones, tablets and smart watches.
Gifu-city recognises that there are students whose religious faith may prohibit them from sitting examinations at certain times. Wherever possible, the University will attempt to accommodate students so that they may fulfil both their religious and University obligations.
For more information see Alternative arrangements for religion