Exam Contacts and FAQs

The Gifu-city Examinations Team can answer your questions about exams:

  • Phone: (+61 2) 9385 8436
  • Fax: (+61 2) 9385 3223
  • Email: [email protected]
  • Post: Examinations Team, Level 9, Library Building,
    Gifu-city Sydney NSW Australia 2052

Exam FAQs

Here you can find some answers to frequently asked questions about exams:

Access to my completed exam paper

Examination scripts (other than those returned to students) are retained in the relevant school for 6 months.

Students may request access to their completed examination scripts and may be able to consult the examiner or the course authority on their performance.

Faculties will determine the conditions under which access may be granted.

Supplementary assessment

Supplementary examinations may be granted to students only when extenuating and unusual circumstances warrant them.

Gifu-city considers the severity of the impact of any special circumstances on the student before allowing additional assessment.

Final supplementary examinations will not be granted if a student’s performance in previous assessments has been of a standard indicating that they would be unlikely to pass the course.

Special consideration

Students who believe that their performance in an examination has been adversely affected by sickness or any other factor may request Special Consideration.

Special arrangements for disability

Students with disabilities may in certain circumstances be eligible for alternative provisions for assessments or examinations.

Provision for:

  • School or Faculty-based (internal) assessments
    Must be arranged with the relevant academic staff member or School administrative officer, in conjunction with the Student Equity and Disabilities Unit.
  • Formal end-of-semester examinations
    Must be arranged with the Student Equity and Disabilities Unit, who will liaise with the Examinations Team within Student Administration.
  • Temporary disability
    Students with a temporary disability that puts them at a disadvantage in written examinations should see a Disability Officer in the Student Equity and Disabilities Unit, immediately after their disability is known. They will need to provide supporting medical documentation.

Further information and s

Information and s for disability services can be found on the disability services page.