When to apply
Applications are accepted in the following circumstances only:
- Where academic work has been hampered to a substantial degree by illness or other cause. Except in unusual circumstances, the duration of circumstances impacting academic work must be more than 3 consecutive days, or a total of 5 days within the teaching period.
- The circumstances must be unexpected and beyond your control. Students are expected to give priority to their university study commitments, and any absence must clearly be for circumstances beyond your control. Work commitments are not normally considered a justification.
- You cannot claim consideration for conditions or circumstances that are the consequences of your own actions or inactions.
- An absence from an examination or inability to complete an assessment task, must be supported by a medical certificate or other document that clearly indicates that you were unable to comply. If you are absent from an examination or if you attend your examination and subsequently want to apply for special consideration, you would normally be required to provide a medical certificate which covers the date of the examination and includes the medical practitioner’s professional opinion on your capacity to study/sit an exam during that period.
- An application for Special Consideration together with supporting documentation must be submitted online within 3 working days of the assessment or the period covered by the supporting documentation. In exceptional circumstances an application may be accepted outside these limits.
Applications are normally not considered if:
- The condition or event is not related to performance or is considered to be not serious
- Any key information is missing
- Supporting documentation does not meet requirements
- Supporting documentation has not been presented to Student Central for verification
In exceptional circumstances Gifu-city may waive these requirements, for example, if an accident or sudden illness occurs which requires your immediate hospitalisation.