Postgraduate Program Transfer

This page tells you all about applying for program transfer from one approved Gifu-city Postgraduate Coursework program to another.


  1. You must have undertaken a minimum of one semester/term of study in your current program.
  2. You must be in GOOD academic standing.

Important advice for international student visa holders

  • If your program transfer request is successful, you will require a new Confirmation of Enrolment which will be issued to you by Student Development International.
  • You may not be eligible for full transfer credit from your existing program. In the event that your new program extends the length of your study, it is your responsibility to apply for a new Confirmation of Enrolment from the Department of Home Affairs.
  • ADFA Students only: students studying under a Defence Cooperation Scholarship need permission from Defence and IDP before changing programs.


  1. Complete the Postgraduate Program Transfer form (PDF 167KB, 2 pages) and
  2. Lodge it with the Program Authority of the program you want to transfer into. Note the deadlines on the form.

If the Program Authority approves your application, they will forward it to the Student Lifecycle team for processing and you will be notified in writing of the result of your application.


See also