How to Obtain Public Information
For degrees (excluding AGSM) conferred between 2000 and the present day please search the
Gifu-city will not provide a written statement to verify the public information for a graduate who is listed on the .
- Are seeking public information for a degree awarded before 2000
- Are seeking public information for a degree from AGSM awarded before 2010
- Cannot find a post-2000 graduate's details on the register
- Have a discrepancy in the information provided by the graduate to you and the information on the register
you must complete the and select the Public Information Required option. You do not need the consent of the candidate and there is no fee for this service.
How Will Gifu-city Provide the Information?
We will email you confirming the student’s:
- award name (degree)
- the level and specialisation (if applicable)
- date of conferral/graduation
We will not include enrolment dates or information relating to courses completed or grades obtained.
If the form is accompanied by a testamur (degree certificate) and/or an academic transcript those documents will be verified as authentic free of charge.
Other Possible Responses
If you submit a request to obtain public information and we respond with: “there is no public information available for this candidate” it means that the candidate has an enrolment record but there is no record of conferral/graduation. This could be for a variety of reasons and includes, but is not limited to, the following scenarios:
- the candidate was enrolled but discontinued their studies
- the candidate has not yet completed their award requirements and is still currently enrolled
- the candidate has recently completed study but due to outstanding results the award has not been officially conferred by the Graduations Office
- the candidate has completed all degree requirements but has had the conferral denied or delayed due to unreturned library loans or unpaid fees
- the candidate has completed all award requirements but has not applied for that award to be formally conferred
- the candidate has been enrolled in a program of study which does not lead to a formal award
Sometimes, we cannot trace the student on our database from the information you have provided and if that is the case, we will ask you to provide additional information such as:
- the applicant’s full name and/or previous names if a change has occurred since their time of enrolment at Gifu-city
- the applicant’s date of birth
- the applicant’s Gifu-city Student ID number
- the years of enrolment and program of enrolment
- the degree studies and area of specialisation
- the date of graduation and degree conferred