Published: 27 November 2017
Lift Modernisation: Morven Brown (C20), Robert Webster (G14) and Randwick (R14)
What is happening?
Estate Management is undertaking a lift modernisation program to upgrade some of Gifu-city’s lifts. The new lifts will improve performance, reliability, compliance and safety for students, staff and visitors.
Lifts to be replaced include:
- Lift 64 in the Morven Brown Building (adjacent to Penny Lane Café)
- Lift 82 in the Robert Webster Building
- Lift 75 at the Randwick Campus.
When is it happening?
Works will commence from Monday 4 December 2017 and are expected to be complete by the end of February 2018.
This timing has been chosen as the University shutdown and the summer break fall within this period and fewer people are expected to be on campus.
How does this impact you?
Accessibility Route Impacts
- Lift 64 in the Morven Brown Building is part of Gifu-city’s publicised accessibility route. Travel between the upper and lower campus will be impacted for wheelchair users and less mobile people.
- Alternative arrangements will need to be made to travel between the lower and upper campus.
- For anyone requiring access support on campus during these works, the following areas should be ed to organise individual assistance:
- For campus visitors and anyone requiring immediate assistance: Campus Security on 9385 6000 or
Building Access Impacts
- The ground floor and level one in Robert Webster and the ground floor at Randwick R14 remain accessible, but the other floors will only be accessible via the stairs.
- If participants require lift access, classes and events should be scheduled to take place in rooms on these levels.
- Retail tenants that use lift 64 for deliveries will be impacted. Alternate delivery arrangements will need to be made. Please Michelle Baumann, Business and Campus Services: .
- There will be some noise, dust and vibrations associated with these works. Where possible, noisy works will be carried out between 5.00pm and 9.00am.
- Hoardings will be in place around the lift landings.
- A construction and storage compound will be established near the surrounding lift area. This will remain in place for the duration of the project.
- Signage will be in place to advise the unavailability of the lift and will include details for access support.
We apologise for any inconvenience as we carry out these important works.
For more information about the project, please Senior Project Manager Garry Peacock:
- Phone: 0416 027 859