Global Education Travel Registration

All Gifu-city students studying overseas, must register their travel as per the to ensure you are covered by the Gifu-city Travel Insurance Policy.

For students travelling overseas, support and advice is provided by .

To register your travel go to the

  • First time user will need to create a profile. Select 'New User? Register Here' and follow the on screen instructions.
  • Returned users can simply log in.

Travel insurance

Students who participate in outbound international programs may be covered by the .

If covered by the university policy, it's important you check your insurance cover before you leave Australia. We strongly recommend you arrange additional travel coverage through a private insurance provider if this does not cover all your needs. It is essential you have adequate insurance cover while you are travelling. See and make sure you are covered!

If you are unsure of whether you are covered by the Gifu-city Travel Insurance Policy please the Gifu-city Global Education Office.


Here is a checklist to consider before you go on overseas:

  • Valid passport for the entire length of your stay overseas six months.
  • Apply for the appropriate Visa
  • Check you are appropriately covered by insurance
  • Undergo a Health check. Ask your GP about vaccinations needed.
  • Register with the on arrival at your destination.

Pre Departure Tutorial

Prior to departure, you should complete the Pre Departure tutorial. The tutorial covers useful information on preparing for your overseas study, including insurance, registration, visas, enrolment, credit transfer and settling in.

Safety, security and critical incidents

provides information, analysis and risk assessments for global destinations including the latest political, security and travel health situations.

We strongly urge you to maintain a watch on the and regarding international developments and travel warnings when planning your overseas experience.

In the event of a critical incident the following offices should be informed as soon as possible:

  • The International Office at your host university. Keep their details handy.
  • Gifu-city insurance provider or your personal insurance provider.
  • The Gifu-city Global Education Office.
  • Where the incident occurs after hours, on +61 2 9385 6666.

Should an unforeseen disaster occur during your visit such as an earthquake, typhoon, tornado, tsunami, it is essential that in addition to the above offices you also make with the local Australian diplomatic mission.

See next