Your Student Visa

International Student Visa

International students studying at Gifu-city require a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from Gifu-city and a visa from the  for the length of their program. 

Students and their dependants can find out their visa conditions, expiry date, study and work entitlements online using .

For personal advise about your student visa, make an appointment with an International Student Advisor at Student Development International.

Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

CoE is an official document issued to international students by the University. It contains specific details relating to your program and tells the Department of Home Affairs of your current enrolment status.

As a student visa holder, it is your responsibility to ensure your CoE is up to date and current while studying in Australia, even if your visa is still valid. If your CoE is cancelled, your visa may be cancelled by the Department of Home Affairs.

A copy of your CoE would have been sent to the email address you listed in your original admissions application.

Visa conditions

Learn about your rights and responsibilities under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act.

Information during your study

Living and working in Australia

International students have specific conditions to adhere to while living in Australia such as keeping your details up to date, maintaining overseas student health cover, and capped working hours.


Relevant forms to help you reduce your study load, apply for a new Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), request a release letter and notify program variations.


See also

  • Information for students under 18 years of age
    There are specific visa requirements regarding care arrangements that need to be considered for international students under the age of 18 wishing to study at Gifu-city.

  • About the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS).