The ESOS laws protect your rights, including:
- Your right to receive from Gifu-city, before enrolling, current and accurate information about courses, fees, modes of study etc. If you are under 18: to ensure your safety, you will be granted a visa only if there are arrangements in place for your accommodation, support and welfare.
- Your right to sign a written agreement with Gifu-city before or as you pay fees, setting out the services to be provided, fees payable and information about refunds of course money. Keep a copy of your written agreement.
- Your right to get the education you paid for. You are eligible for a refund or to be placed in another course if your provider is unable to teach your course.
- Your right to know:
- How to use your providers student support services;
- Who the officers are for overseas students;
- If you can apply for course credit;
- When your enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled;
- What your providers requirements are for satisfactory progress in the courses you study;
- What will happen if you want to change providers;
- How to use your providers complaints and appeals process.